With 2018 ending on a high note I want to make 2019 even better. With that in mind and also taking into consideration of becoming a parent (which literally means less time) I needed a set of most important things to be accomplished in 2019.
This list is still in works but I have figured out what is needed for at least the first month to a quarter or two:
- Build complete solutions or components for a bigger solution
- Build a web app using Spring framework
- Refresh on Java, its collections usages
- Dive into React for the web (not for mobile)
- Refresh data structures and related algorithms
- More understanding of design patterns and principles
Other things which spans across the whole year are:
- Build my own WordPress site & start hosting
- Complete my Github profile page
- More blogging monthly twice or weekly once
- More streaming
- Start podcasting – create themes or series of episodes
- Vlog on things I have learned weekly or fortnightly or monthly
Looking forward to an amazing 2019.
2018 was very good for me in all aspects of my life. I learnt so many new tech stuff. My financial goals were achieved more than what i thought and during the last quarter I got promoted as a father of beautiful human being.
Here is my list of things I achieved on 2018 on the career front.
- Learnt Angular js – built a small front-end app
- Built couple of basic Android apps as part of a course
- Started with basics of Machine Learning (Statistics)
- Enhanced my swift programming skills
- Back on macOS native application development
- Refreshed my C++ skills updated on C++11, 14, 17 standards
From a extra-curricular things,
- I started streaming my side project works.
- Started a youtube channel
- Planned for a podcast channel but did not make effort to work it out
- Working on my communications
- Started read eBooks on Kindle and iBook
- Kept this blog live on an average of 50+ visitors per month
From a health and fitness side,
- Started doing yoga though not consistent but weekly 3-4 days
- Learnt Sudarshan Kriya from Art of Living
Hopefully I will exceed this list for 2019 and stick to my plan to explore paths which I haven’t traveled yet.